Expression of interest (firms)
The Locality Brokers aims to identify professional service suppliers to enable community groups to progress their project to the stage where they can raise capital for their project.
If your firm registers with Locality Brokers we will offer a referral service promoting project opportunities that can lead to:
• Possibilities for paid work for your firm's services: opportunities for deferred payment arrangements for project work, where possible, and opportunities to tender for work as a project proceeds.
• Corporate Social Responsibility outcomes for your company, measured in terms of the in-kind value of your services, the leverage your input brings - in terms of capital investment in the asset and the social, economic and environmental outcomes that will result from the project if implemented.
The service will measure these outcomes so you can report on your firm's corporate social reposnsibility. We will also acknowledge and promote your input to project via the Locality Broker's .
Locality Brokers will seek to match up companies and community groups and cannot guarantee that a match may be made for every firm or group that registers.
What is expected from private sector participants?
By completeting the experssion of interest form you are agreeing to the following terms:
1. Confirm your Firm's willingness to enter into an agreement with a community group to supply services on a nominal/pro bono or at risk basis (this option includes “deferred payment” if the project secures funding and proceeds or, agreement by the group of the supplier(s) to be an agreed/preferred tender bidder for relevant work). Locality Brokers can help you reach agreement with the group on this.
2. To provide the following information to Locality Brokers:
• Named partner/senior contact who will allocate and oversee work by their firm and be the liaison point for Locality Brokers,
• Indicate the type and scale of work you would be prepared to consider on a speculative basis/deferred payment basis from the following:
Architectural – Stages a-d
Building Surveyors – condiion/dilapidation/asbestos surveys
Facilities Managers – advice on management and maintenance arrangements and costs for new or improved assets
Interior Designers – research, concept design, specification
IT – specification and installation advice
Mechanical and Electrical Engineers – condition surveys
Planners – travel plans, sustainability appraisals, advice on application and approval processes
Quantity Surveyors – outline or detailed capital costs estimates for new build, refurbishment or improvement and additions
Valuers/Property Agents, valuations for sale or lease, landlord and tenant issues, lease renewals and rent reviews
• A list of charges that apply to the kinds of work that you are prepared to undertake on a pro bono basis in order that the recipient of the services can value their services in kind where appropriate to aid fundraising.
• Provide an estimate of time that you can provide annually on a pro bono basis.
• Provide a list of the kinds of tasks that you are prepared to undertake on a pro bono basis
• Confirmation that you hold and that any work for groups, pro bono or otherwise, will be covered by appropriate Professional Indemnity Insurance.