Contract Opportunties - help for groups needing professionals
Locality Brokers aims to match firms of property professionals with communities championing a land or building project in England.
The idea is to promote relationships that benefit both firms and groups by supporting a mixture of free advice, deferred payment arrangements, joint ventures as well as competitive bidding. In particular we are keen to engage professional service suppliers who can help groups progress the project to the stage where they can raise capital for their project.
As the service is only able to work with 10 pilots in depth we are encouraging ‘self matching’ via the Locality Brokers website. We are trialling this ‘contract opportunity service’ which enables community organisations to list their need for a property professional in the form of a contract opportunity.
This is a free service and in exchange we will track responses and ask for your feedback on the service to tell us how it can be improved.
Please note the professionals registered with Locality Brokers are NOT, at this time, vetted by Locality. You should carry out a thorough selection process before making any appointment. Locality does not accept any responsibility for any liability arising from the use of the contract opportunity service in any given context.
Please read the following guidance carefully:
1. In order to make the best appointment you should put together a careful ‘brief’ which describes the property, the project and what you need a professional to do. Get in touch is you need guidance on this.
2. Consider what selection/procurement process you will use to both satisfy yourselves of the suitability of the professional and any procurement process your intended funders may require.
3. A formal appointment should be made using a legally binding contract between your organisation and the service provider(s). Locality Brokers is not able to give legal advice but we can share a template document to help you with your appointment.
4. We are looking to encourage mutual deals between groups and professionals. So if you have the funds to pay or wish to negotiate terms other than on a competitive basis you must be clear about this. There is only a limited amount of pro bono/at risk work that firms are able to do.
5. Contract opportunities should be listed using the following opportunity alert form. This information will be used to form an advert. If you have any additional information such as a project brief - please email this once your request has been accepted.
6. In order to track responses the professionals will be asked to contact Locality Brokers in the first instance and will then be referred directly on to you.
7. Once listed we will keep the opportunity on the site until the deadline date, after which it will be removed.
8. Locality Brokers reserves the right to request and make amendments or refuse to list opportunities.
If you need help please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Diana on 07903 932 214.